Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Advice From a Tree

I saw a photo on Facebook this morning. This is what it said:

ADVICE FROM A TREE

 
Stand tall and proud
Go out on a limb
Remember your roots
Drink plenty of water
Be content with your natural beauty
Enjoy the view
 
Seeing as how my brain is in training mode right now my first reaction to this was from that point of view.
 
Stand tall and proud - good posture and a strong core maintains your energy level during the run so you can run farther.
Go out on a limb - challenging yourself and venturing into the unknown is what gets you in to the marathon mess to begin with but it's also what gets your through the increasing miles
Remember your roots - for me that's walking. And my walk breaks are what keep me sane and moving during long runs.
Drink plenty of water - duh
Be content with your natural beauty - I am not a gazelle runner. I'm more a snuffleupagus. I am what I am and on training and race days I AM A RUNNER it doesn't matter how fast I am or what I look like as long as I try.
Enjoy the view - and I'll add to that... enjoy the company of the friends that run and walk with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment