Pages

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Running for Time

This post could also be titled; check the battery level in the watch before you take it on a trip with you. I'm in Florida for the USAFit Organizer conference. Our afternoon schedule called for lunch followed by a demonstration of an advanced training program and then a group run. I participated in the ATP demonstration last year in Houston and decided to skip it this year. after lunch in 80+ degrees; it was the closest I've ever come to throwing up after a work out. Inatead I decided to go out for my own run first and grab something to eat after that. I changed for,the run, filled my water bottles and turned on my watch and was greeted with an obnoxious low battery signal. UGH!!!! I had not mapped out a route. I was going to do an out and back 5 miles each way. Now what? I want 2012 to be the year of no excuses. I'm not skipping my workouts for just ny reason. Fortuntely I had my gymboss with me. Given the heat, humidity, distance and my average pace on recent long runs I set the timer for 11 minutes run/ 1 minute walk. I figured each kingervsl pair would be close enough to 1 mile. I set the gymboss for 5 reps in one direction then turned around and set it for 5 again. Even if the total mileage was under 10 I'm ok with that. I ran for 2 hours. In the heat and humidity here that I haven't had time to acclimate to, that's an acceptable workout. No excuses.

No comments:

Post a Comment