Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Getting back

So enough of this time off thing. All week I've been tired and sluggish. Ten days since I last ran and I realized last night that this could very well be the reason.

So off to meet running friends at 8 AM at Betzwood. I was two blocks from home when I realized forgot my trax so I had to go back. The trail was completely snow covered so I'm really glad I did. One of our 2008 runners, Rose was there today. It was nice to see her again. Rose, Marjorie and I did 3 and 1's for 6 miles together and I went out for 4 more on my own. The others went out 3 miles on Betzwood and Pete took them off on another trail. According to Anne it was a field trip (emphasis on "field").

I held up pretty well until the last mile and a half. That's when my ankle strarted to get cranky and my right knee (opposite the ankle) began to chime in too. I'm not sure if (or how much) either one would have been bothered had it not been for the snow. It was mostly packed but there were a few spots where it wasn't and being slow I had to move over to that side a few times to let faster folks and bikes pass. I was surprised at the number of people out on a 25 degree morning with little sun and a snow packed trail; but out they were.

My legs are feeling the effects right now. I can move fine but I can feel it. I refuse to chalk this up to being 51 though. It's been ten days since I ran and 10 miles in the snow is hard work..... and I don't care what anyone says that's my story and  I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment