Pages

Friday, November 27, 2009

Running against the wind

I did finish 5 miles on Wednesday. Thursday was a day off and Thanksgiving :)

Today I slept until I felt like getting up (7:45) had breakfast and was out the door a little before 9. I decided to do the 12 miles around Medi and Wallingford. 12-15 is about the max I can do around here without getting bored (from having to repeat routes) and because of the hills. Most of this area is one long up or down hill and few steeper ones. After 15 miles I want more flat.

Anyway, I finished a little of 12 miles in just under 2.5 hours. Mentally I felt great. Did not bonk and could have gone longer if needed. Physically I did ok. My joints and back were great. No problems until the last mile when my ankle started to bother me. My legs though felt very heavey and tight for most of the run. I stopped three times to stretch which helped for a little bit each time but not long enough. I still finished and was able to distract myself from how they felt most of the time but it was very evident.

It was a very windy day. I tried to remember to drink water at regular intervals since the wind and the cooler temperatures kept me from feeling any sweat. I wonder if that had anything to do with the feeling in my legs. Maybe I didn't drink enough. It wasn't cramping though....

24 tomorrow. I feel ready for it. Well as ready as anyone can be for that distance. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment