Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

More wind..

Well if I thought it was windy yesterday, I don't know what to say about today. I'm certain it changed directions everytime I did!

That however is not the reason for stopping 13 miles in to the run. My legs just weren't into it today. I couldn't get into a rhythm at all. And without the rhythm I couldn't get my mind off the running and distracted from the 20+ miles I intended. So I stopped and went home.

I've completed 12 and 20 two weekends since September so I'm not overly concerned but it would have been nice to complete it again 6 weeks before Goofy. I think that would have given me the extra confidence I need. The holidays and other committments may prevent me from trying again before Goofy. I'm going to have to build my confidence in other ways I suppose.

I stopped today because my legs felt like lead weights. My joints are in great shape so that's something. I've decided to take a week off. There's no way to know for sure if that's the right thing to do but I think I need a break. No running this week unless I really feel like it. Then I'll have to reevaluate my schedule starting Saturday for the five weeks left until Goofy.

No comments:

Post a Comment