Pages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday 5 miler

I slept in today. I finally rolled out of bed at 9 a.m. I ate breakfast and waited until about 10:30 to head out. I was waiting for my daughter and her friends to wake up so I could say goodbye to them before they headed back to college. Finally I went out, leaving them a note and as it turned out they were still here when I returned.

I ran to and from my house and over my modified version of the Media 5 mile race course. The added distance to and from my house keeps the total distance at just over 5 miles. The course is two loops. I ran in the opposite dirction of race day first. This takes me down the dreaded 8th street hill but gives me two long slow climbs up Olive and Edgemont. Those don't bother me as much as the incline on 8th. I stopped after one loop to stretch and then reversed course promising myself that I could walk up 8th street if I ran the rest of the way. I did that, stretched one more time and picked up the pace to finish the distance to home.

Nothing hurt, my pace was slow... I figure just under 13 minute miles....which includes the walking and stretch stops...but I was definitely going for sticking with a plan today.. and I did. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment