Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

10 miles on a treadmill

I can't think of too many things that are more boring, tedious and just plain awful than that. But I was not in the mood to go out in the cold rain again. The skies cleared up while I was at the gym but the winds picked up and I wasn't in the mood for that either.

I set the treadmill up for 60 minutes and 12 mph for the first block. When that was over I took a few minutes off and went to stretch out my back. I went back to the treadmill for another 5 miles and by mile 7 I was wiped. What made me think I could do 10 mile without nutrition. I would have had it on the road. Duh..... I plodded through setting the incline and walking most of the last 3 miles.

So it wasn't a pretty workout but I got it done. I really need to get in some better workouts if I'm going ot survive Goofy. I'm not in that one for time but I do want to have fun and finish strong.

1 comment: