Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Disappointments and new things!

I planned to give my ankle the test with an easy job after work today. Unfortunatley my head had other plans. I'm pretty sure it's sinus related but the migraine I developed during the day today kept me home. Nothing seemed to help. I tried eating, I tried sinus meds.... both managed to dull the pain for a short period only to return almost stronger than before. After dinner I took a Tylenol and a nap and the pain has started to subside. I apologize for being such a whiner lately... seems like if it's not one thing it's another.

I received an invitation today to join the coaching team as an assistant for the red group at USA Fit Philly. I so enjoy this running group. All the support I recieved last year really helped me get to my goal of finishing a marathon. I had hoped to offer back support and encouragement others this year. Here is how the invitation read,

"You've been such a valuable member of the group donating your time and your kind words to the boards every week, I think you'd be a great person to fill in for her. The job is pretty easy --- just keep on doing what you've been doing all season long."

The 'her' I'm filling in for is getting married and the wedding and buying a new home proved to be a huge drain on her time. No surprise of course. I'm happy to have this opportunity and really flattered to be asked.

Now if the hammer in my head would go to sleep so will I!

No comments:

Post a Comment