Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Back on the road again

Well I did it. Today I ran again. I was so happy to not have a headache or a pain in my ankle I couldn't wait to get out to run. I put on the ankle brace and headed out carefully for a 4 mile run. I felt good, took it easy and was more than halfway through before I experienced any pain. It wasn't in my ankle though. The ankle was fine all the way through and still is.

I had slight twinging on the outside of my right knee and on the inside of my right shin just above the ankle. It was very slight but it was definitely there. I think it may have been because of the brace. The part that goes under my foot was bulky. I suppose that is to absorb some of the pounding but I think the thickness of it was altering my gait. I'm guessing here but the twinging went away within mintues of finishing my run. I iced it anyway just in case.

Tomorrow the plan is to go to the gym. On thursday i'll have to figure out what to do about running outside again.

No comments:

Post a Comment