Pages

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Phillyfit Week Four

Five miles today in very humid weather. Despite some minor chaffing issues (didnt notice until I got home and into the shower ..ouch!) I did great and enjoyed it. That has a lot to do with the group. I run with the red group; 10 minute mile or slower. Emphasis on slower. It's all about fun and finishing. Lots of nice people and chatting with them keeps me at a good pace and keeps my mind off the miles. This comes in very handy later when the distances get longer.

When all was said and done, several people with fancy running watches said we actually did 5.5. The average pace of the 4-5 people that I stuck with was 10:28. Not bad for me.

There was a lot of chatter about half vs full in November. I really think I'm sticking with the half plan. I'm running the full schedule with the group but probably will do the half. It's hard though not to get caught up in the chatter about doing the full again. I havent registered yet so my options are open but I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around it for this year. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment