Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

3 miles on the river

I was in Harrisburg, PA Sunday night through tonight for buisness stuff. I met a friend this morning for a run along the Susquehanna River. I am not generally a morning runner. Although it would be much nicer in the summer, I have trouble convincing myself to get out of bed to run unless others are waiting for me. I did it this morning becuase Terry was expecting me in the lobby of our hotel at 6 am.

We ran a total of 3 miles out and back from the Walking Bridge (to City Island) to Maclay Street. It was a nice run. I felt good and probably could have done a bit more but my friend didn't seem up for it so I said I was ok with 3. I'd rather have the friendship than the miles in this case.

I really do wish I could get motivated to get up earlier even on my own. Maybe I'll try again soon as summer weather is here. Not tomorrow though. I am back home again and really tired. Two days of meetings is tiring. It's weird how sitting around in meeting s all day can wear you out. It's the lack of real air in those rooms I think. I will try to get to the gym (if it storms as expected) or run out side tomorrow after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment