Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Challenge boost

Today was a strangely exhausting day. I can't pinpoint why. Maybe it's the fact that it's day 2 of a 5 day work week. Something I haven't had to do in awhile. Or maybe it was the dark gray skies that moved in ahead of the snow/sleet/rain thing that's happening now. Who knows. 

What I do know is that the last thing I wanted to do after work was put on gym clothes and workout. But I had promised myself I would go twice this week and Tuesday and Thursday seemed like the right days to do it. Still, I almost bailed anyway. What made me do it was the Keep Smiling Keep Moving challenge some of us at Perkis People are doing. I wanted to be able to say I had checked another item off the list. 

The challenge is not about how much we do, it's about just doing it. So I figured if  I changed my clothes and only managed some light stretching that would be enough. In the end I did more because of course the stretching got my blood moving and I felt better. But if it hadn't, it would have been ok too. 

I'm grateful for a support group (virtual or live) that helps to keep me going. 

Keep Smiling Keep Moving
-Paula 

No comments:

Post a Comment