Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Taking Advantage of a Dry Day....

Having been washed out last weekend, Sara and I decided to try getting out the bikes today.

We agreed on 10 miles. I haven't been on the bike at all this year and not a lot last year. Sara wanted to practice clipping and un-clipping her shoes. (it's likely I've got the terminology wrong there). Plus it was chilly and damp. While today is dry, it's been raining a lot all week and the forecast calls from more tomorrow. The air is full of moisture and the temperature when we started was mid-high 40s.

We completed a slow almost 10 miles on the Chester Valley Trail between East Whiteland Twp building and the end of the trail heading west. That's why it was almost 10. We resisted the urge to ride around the parking lot to make it an even 10. :) It was a successful 'get out the kinks ride. Nobody fell down! :)

I brought my running shoes with the intention of keeping Sara company if she wanted to run after. She is in training for the Atlantic City Ironman in September! (Go SARA!) However, she did not want to run today because she is running Broad Street tomorrow. I was not unhappy about this. :)

When I got home I decided to tackle the side hard where the weeds were taking over the Hostas. This is a perfect example of 'careful what you wish for'. Since the neighbors took down their tree we have lots of sunshine on the side and things grow. Yay! Some it's grass but most of it's weeds. Not so yay! I didn't take a before photo. So look at the after photo and imagine grass and dandelion puffs weaving in and around the Hostas.



Trust me it was a mess! The job's not finished but my hands and neck were. The azeleas popped this week. Unfortunately, by the time  I could take the photos the sun left again. Hopefully it comes back before the color leaves.


Keep smiling and keep moving.
-Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment