Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Live the Dream in 2016

My new year fitness promise to myself is to continue training for life.

Regular readers of my blog (Thank you BTW) know that I began this effort shortly after missing the 2015 Super Hike in September. Let's call October the "official" start. I think I mentioned already that the two most noticeable changes are that 1) I work out more regularly than I ever did when I had event goals dangling in front of me and 2) I am much more forgiving of myself when I miss a workout or a workout goal. I've also noticed the self-forgiveness thing creeping into other aspects of my life too. Pretty cool, huh?

I am not completely cured of the desire to strive for something "brass ring-ish". Just last night I spent what could be considered an inordinate amount of time on the idea of a self-made event involving traveling by foot over an ultra distance. Spreadsheets and map searching to see if it's possible (it is) were involved. The good news is I was able to extricate myself from that process (although I saved my work) and refocus on training for life.

It's all good. I don't really want to be 'cured' of the brass ring wishes. Having a goal isn't bad. I just need time build a base of patience and acceptance first.

This morning Dave and I met a group from Perkis People for miles on the trail followed by breakfast. 6 years we've been doing this. I've been tired this past week. Likely due to the sort of cold thing that won't go away. It showed in my inability to catch my breath after the run intervals.  It would have taken a lot more to get me to miss it this tradition though.





No comments:

Post a Comment