Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Sometimes You Just Do Things

"He's Winnie-ther-Pooh. Don't you know what 'ther' means?"
"Ah, yes, now I do," I said quickly; and I hope you do too, because it is all the explanation you are going to get." - A.A. Milne 

Shortly after we began the run Maggi asked me why I decided to run today. I tried to formulate an answer and realized the truth is "It just felt like something I wanted to do". And one of the many great things about fitness buddies is that's all the explanation they needed. 

I didn't pass out from lack of oxygen a few weeks ago when the Bella Bootcamp crew went for a mile run after our workout. In fact I felt pretty good after. So I posted a message out to the crew to see who might be available to join me for a run today. I knew the chances of getting everybody was small and I was thrilled to see that Maggi, Julius and Sara were free this morning! Mike is in taper mode for Marine Corps Marathon next week and Fitz had drill this weekend. 

I decided an hour of interval running was something I could manage. I wanted to challenge not discourage myself. I'm at the point where 2 hours is an easy hike for me. So I figured an hour of running might tax my cardio fitness but not leave me slumped over gasping for air. :) I debated the intervals and (1 and 1 or 2 and 1) and decided 2 and 1 was good. Speed and distance were irrelevant today. I simply wanted time on my feet running. 

On the way home from the run I was drive-dancing to "I Feel Good". Which is way better than the "Space Oddity" which was in my head on the way to it. *Shrug* Yeah, I don't get it either. There's more than one reason for just keep smiling and keep moving. :)

Today was perfect - from the company to the weather. I felt good and had a great time. I look forward to running again (soon I hope). The weather can be iffy from time to time but there is never a question about the company. 

Thank you friends. As always
You Rock! 
We were treated to gorgeous views from the
Hawk Observation Platform at Ft Washington State Park
post-run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment