Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Space

It's not the final frontier. It's one of them. The ocean leaves a lot to be explored too but that's a story for another day. Exploring either means spending gobs and gobs of time in small enclosed spaces, so I have to to my investigation vicariously.


I'm very excited about the One Year Crew adventure that started on the International Space Station yesterday. Astronaut Scott Kelly and Cosmonaut Mikhail Kornienko along with Cosmonaut Gennady Padalka docked their technologically souped up tin can yesterday with the ISS.

In my lifetime (yes, I know that's a pretty long time but still....) In my lifetime we've gone from this .......


1969 moon landing 
taken off our family's TV
......to sending people to live in space for a year. And being able to see super clear photos of the ISS and the Soyuz capsule that brought the men there. Here is video of the docking and hatch opening. I watched it live last night on my favorite app NASATV. The views of the space station from the Soyuz and the Soyuz from the space station are amazing.

And here on earth I took this photo at Ridley Creek State Park this week ....


Keep smiling and keep moving....
-Paula


No comments:

Post a Comment