Pages

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Wawa!

On Wednesday I made a last minute decision to go to Wawa Preserve for a run. Wednesday was WaWa's 50th birthday and it seemed appropriate. I left the parking lot shortly after 6pm after taking a shadow picture. 

Six O'clock Shadow
It was a gorgeous evening even if it felt more like January than April. But the sky was blue and the sun was shining bright. I was out for a total of an hour (not running for an hour just out for an hour) and as the sun started to set the birds came alive. Combined with the water rushing down the creek it was a very peaceful sounding place. I saw a lot of deer but they were not happy to see me. 

The Rocky Run trail starts from Valley Road at route 1 and follows the creek of the same name up to route 352 near Fair Acres. Despite being between a bunch busy roads it's amazingly quiet and peaceful. At 352 the trail crosses over and eventually fades into Tyler Arboretum. 

It was a nice evening and I enjoyed being out and moving.

But I didn't really enjoy the running part :(. I'm not sure if I'm done with it for good or not yet. There's nothing wrong with walking and hiking and I love both so it makes sense to stick with those. But I miss my running buds. 

On to more happy thoughts. I posted to my FB page again about my 27 things and go an offer from Dan to teach me ballet and from Alexis to learn how to care for a Polish Chicken's crest feathers count. "I've got haircuts to give my polish hens so they can see better. You are welcome to join me and give me a hand!" I told her yes. I have no idea what's involved but that kind of makes it all the more intriguing! I hope it works out that I can help her with this. 

Have a great weekend! I'll be around ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment