Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Am I Ready for This?

Tomorrow starts the section of my training that will find me running 20, 22 and 24 miles before taking another break the week of April 29th. I have yet to be satisfied with a 20 mile training run and I've never run a 22 or 24 as part of marathon training. Obviously, I've completed those distances in my four previous marathons but only as part of the race not in training.

I'm at the point now where I have to have faith in the training. It hasn't been perfect. I've missed some days. I'm proud that I've completed more days than not and finished some that I might have skipped in previous training cycles. I feel better before, during and after most workouts than I've every felt in any other training cycle. I've said it before and I'll say it again now I think the two keys are a) No excuses and b) the variety in the schedule.

Today I saw this on the wall of a new FB friend Carolyn G. I asked her to send it to me and she did.


What perfect timing. I think the words are true for training and also in life. They go well with Keep Smiling and Keep Moving, don't ya think?

So thank you Carolyn for sharing these words. Carolyn is going to do her FIRST full marathon in Chicago this year (October 13). You can follow her and support her progress on her FB page. Meemaw the Marathoner

No comments:

Post a Comment