Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Three days in a row

For the first time in a long time I ran three days in a row this week. There's nothing magical about 3 days. It's just a fact that I haven't run three days in a row for a long time. More often than not for the last 6 months I've NOT run 3 days in a row.

3 on Tuesday; 4 on Wednesday and 3.5 today. I took walk breaks tonight when I thought I would run straight through but I'm still ok with that. I have 10.5 miles for my first week of "Pile on the Miles". Not bad.

I'll take off tomorrow and Saturday and then do the Run the Bridge 10K on Sunday. I ran this race in 2009 in 1:04:04. It's not realistic to expect to do that well this time. That happened while training for the Goofy Challenge. I was in way better shape; running much more than I am now. I'll be happy with a finish and to have fun. Finishing in under 1:10 would be pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment