Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pile on the Miles

A week or so ago I signed up for a November challenge called "Pile on the Miles" It was brought to my attention by Jamie. Another blogger challenged folks to pile on the miles rather than pounds during November. The goal is to log your miles running or walking and report them each week. Anyone who puts in more than 5 miles in a week is entered into a drawing for prizes. I signed up and the organizer promised to notify is November 1st with instructions and links to the place to record our miles.

This morning I woke up tired - a common occurrence these days. I also felt kind of flu like and was quickly writing off my after work run. Then I opened my email and saw the message that today starts "Pile on the Miles". Ok I couldn't give up before I started. I decided I would go out tonight even if it meant walking.

Long story short, I ran 3 miles comfortably and feel great! Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment