Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Needing direction

It seems like all I do here anymore is whine about things or talk about starting over. I need to do one and quit the other. Really.

Recently, I revisited posts from my training for the 2010 Goofy Challenge. I felt strong then. I had discipline and direction. I don't feel any of those now. How do I get it back? Having a goal is not the answer. Despite having races on my schedule I haven't held it together. Maybe I need a different kind of goal? Right now I think I have to start with one day at a time.

I think this funk may be affecting my leadership in Phillyfit too. I don't think my personal running activities influence my ability to organize the group (my natural obsessive dorky tendencies do take care of that) but my funk does seem to be affecting my enthusiasm for the job and likely is showing. The group is coming into the final weeks now - longest run of the season in three weeks - I need to be more attentive to their needs.

Here's hoping for a good week. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment