Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Treadmill

The streets are rough enough for cars right now and the trails at Oaks and Valley Forge are not plowed yet so I headed to the gym this morning. 7 miles on the treadmill.....

General consensus is that the treadmill is not the same as running outside; because the belt more or less keeps you going the effort is not the same as outside. There are adjustments you can make but still....

Having said that, mentally the treadmill is a much more difficult workout. I don't think there is enough music or video in the world to make the treadmill less stressful on the brain. So I consider it a huge accomplishment to have completed 7 miles this morning.

With more snow coming on Monday (4-8 inches is the latest prediction) I'm sure I'll be back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment