Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010

Good morning and Happy New Year.

Still not 100% yet. My voice is making a slow comeback. It is cold and wet out today...although not actually precipitating. My gut tells me that running is not a good idea and I've learned to trust my gut. I'm going to spend a good portion of the day organizing the USAFit/Philly stuff I picked up from Helen and organizing my marketing plan.

It's time to look at goals for the year. I generally don't make specific life resolutions but I think I'll attempt some fitness goals for this year. I also want to manage a successful season for USAFit/Philly. I'm not sure how to measure that though so I'll just do my best and see what happens.

I'm not going to predict what races I'll run beyond Goofy January 9-10 and the Philadelphia Marathon which will be the culmination of the USAFit/Philly season and the Landsdowne 5k (my first ever race and now a tradition). Since my focus will be on the group this year I want to commit to giving them a great experience rather than on training for my own races. I may still run some other races; I'm just not committing to anything right now.

I would like to hit 1000 miles this year. I think that would be cool.
I'd also like to get to the gym 2 days a week before work starting in February. I'd like to work more on upper body strength. That means getting up at 4:45-5:00 a.m. This will be a challenge.
I'd like to find some time to walk/hike. This was my first love and i'd like to work some back into my schedule.

There you have it. What are your fitness goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment