Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

A hard 20 miles

Today I confirmed something I already knew in my heart. 20 miles is even tougher when you are not running it. Today I manned a water station for USAFIT Philly. I met with everyone at the start then headed off in my car to wait for them at my designated spot. Here I would see them twice. Once as they finished 9.5-10 miles and once on the way back at mile 14.5-15.

It's hard to sit and wait. Not just because it was cool and rainy. I wanted to be out there with them. I was bored! All in all the group did well. Since this was our second long run like this it was good for everyone to compare to the last one. Most said they felt better, stronger than last time. That's so good to hear.

I used the down time between runner sightings to think about this year and things that I want to see for the group next year. I should have written them down.

Tomorrow the Ben Frankling Bridge 10K. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment