Pages

Monday, August 17, 2009

Today is a rest day in my schedule. Can't say I'm sorry about that. It was 90+ degrees and now at almost 10:30 it's still in the 70's. Tomorrow it's back to the gym.

I have mapped out my runs to prepare for Goofy on a spreadsheet. I hope it's enough. I'm not in this to make any PR's just to finish. Yet I hope I'm putting in enough mileage to last the weekend when the time comes. My highest combined back to back will be 34 and I will do that twice before the Goofy weekend.

I've never trained for anything like this before. I've tried to read as much as I can about Ultra training even though I won't be doing the distance in one day. I've also read a few blogs from others who have completed Goofy and used my marathon training schedule to help too. So I've put together something that makes sense to me. I guess January will tell if my instincts are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment