Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ouch!

Well today I headed out to a warm up jog before doing a hill workout on 8th street. At the end of my street is a park that I cut through. I usually run on the paved path. The paved path is cracking up and so I thought I'd try the grass. I took a couple of steps on the grass and realized it was too long. I couldn't see the any dips, holes and other obstructions so I decided the paved path was safer. At least I could see where the breaks were. Unfortunately in the two steps to get back to the path I twisted my ankle.

I fell pretty hard. It is my right ankle. My left hand went out to stop the fall. My hand at the base of my thumb hurts almost as much as my ankle does. Maybe more. My head for the most part hit my arm except for a small piece on the side of my head which hit the pavement and is slightly bruised. Thank goodness for my arm taking most of the blow to my head because despite that my teeth rattled and I can't imagine what would have happened if it hit the pavement that hard.

Anyway I limped home and iced it twice before Dave arrived home from softball. I just iced it a third time a little bit ago. I've resisted aleve just yet. I'll take that before bed, for now I want to feel the pain and know what's going on. I'm pretty sure it's just sprained. I can put most of my weight on it but it is not happy about bending. I'll see how it is in the morning and then make a decision about going to the doctor.

So needless to say I did not do my hill workout today. I really needed a run today, too :(. I was feeling frumpy and clunky and running makes me feel better. Now I feel broken, frumpy and clunky. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment