Pages

Monday, July 13, 2009

Keep smiling

Although I walked on Saturday and it didn't hurt while I did... it does now and has more or less since Sunday morning. Obviously the walking on Saturday was a mistake. I'm also getting pains higher up on my shin on both legs, probably from compensating. So, I'm going all out conservative now and I dare anyone to call me a baby.

This morning the ankle acutally had some definition to it but by the time I got home from work that was gone. So I purchased a daytime support for it and will wear that during the day until the swelling is completely gone. No activity on the ankle beyond what I have to do for work for the rest of the week. I will try to fliex it as long as it doesn't hurt. I'll try to get some activity at the gym on anything but my ankle. If all goes well, when the pain subsides I'll try the elliptical first before running outside.

The good news, if I can call it that, is that I had already committed to half marathons this year in September and November. So even if I lose a few weeks of training, I'll still have time to be on track for the two half marathons.

Until next time.....I'll keep smiling anyway.. moving is a bit limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment