Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2024

HST Section 6 Geigertown Road to Rt 10

This sectio begins in a gravel parking area off Geigertown Road near the Birdsboro Gun Club. A recent re-route of the trail here take one off hte gun club property but you can still hear it. I find it weird but not scary. Of course that may be becaause I know where the sound is coming from. 

Dave and I hiked together to the spot where the access trail from the Birdsboro Picnic Park joins the trail. Dave returned to his car and I continued on to mine which we had previously left at the old Plowville Farms on Rt 10. 

I enjoyed this most of the section a lot. Spring is springing so the woods are full of new life. The elevation change provides a good work out but with enough breaks to not feel overwhelming. 

I was dreading the last two and a half miles. I had done this once before and it stuck withe me. The last stretch is all on Buck Hollow Road to Rt 10. It is a windy road with no shoulder to speak of and it's mostly uphill. I almost did somehting I've never done on a hike. I almost turned on a podcast on my phone to distract me. Almost.

Instead I tried to find things to look at (while dodging trucks) and that worked. Sometimes I have to work hard to invoke Keep Smiling Keep Moving. 

-Paula 

No comments:

Post a Comment