Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Skippy and Okra in the Time of COVID-19

I took an early morning walk to the grocery store. We needed just a few items; the store is less than a mile from my house; and walking the neighborhood is a good way to get some fresh air and exercise and easily keep 6 feet between me and other humans. The early hour I hoped would mean less people shopping as well. (I was right). The few things we needed would easily fit in my backpack so off I went.

One of the items I wanted was frozen veggies. Yes, I had heard that they were in short supply. I keep hoping I'll hit the store at the right time. I don't want to hoard but we I do eat a lot of vegetables and running out would make me sad. Just another bag or two would have been good. As expected the frozen food aisle was decimated. The vegetable freezer cabinets were empty save for 6 bags of okra. Two other people (besides me) looked at them and walked away. I think that says something about Okra.

I also ventured over to the peanut butter aisle. It too was sparse. The remaining supply consisted predominately of Skippy. Need I say more?

My takeaway - COVID-19 crisis mode is when the Skippy and Okra are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment