Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2019

National Take A Hike Day 2019

November 17 is designated as National Take a Hike day. Dave and I spent the morning at Glen Providence Park in Media. I love sharing my hikes with others. I especially loved sharing the time with my husband. 😀

His new (almost a year old) knee made this possible. He even commented that before the knee replacement the switch back downhill from Kirk Lane would have hurt way too much. (Yay for knee replacements)

I walked without my trekking poles today. However, the leaf cover on the trail had me second guessing that decision. It did however prompt a discussion between us about the value of poles when you can't see the rocks underneath the leaves.

And in case that wasn't enough, I demonstrated what happens when one catches a toe on a rock and has no choice but to do down hard, palms first to avoid hitting one's head or worse. I wish I could say I did it on purpose but we all know better. I have a small lump on my knee now and will feel the effects of the fall across my shoulders tomorrow I'm sure.

Keep Smiling Keep Moving (even when the ground comes up to meet you)
-Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment