Pages

Saturday, November 30, 2019

Horses and Chickens and Burros (I think)

New hiker Dave had the honor of carrying Perki. 
And deer and chipmunks and woodpeckers. These are the animals we saw on our hike today. The title of this post is not to suggest I doubt we saw these. It's that I'm not sure if the 'burros' were burros or mules or donkeys. But at least you get the idea.

Today, Dave, Maggi and Julius and I hiked 7 miles on the Horse Shoe Trail from Chantilly Lane to Charlestown Elementary School. This section of the HST is a mixture of urban, trail and pasture hiking. It was a beautiful sunny day. So beautiful that it's hard to believe that tomorrow will be more or less a wash out.

We gave Dave's new hiking shoes and trekking poles a good workout. I'm really proud of my husband for taking on this hike. It was a little ambitious for a newbie hiker on a second outing and he managed it just fine. AND he said that he'd had a good enough time that he would like to go out again.

Keep Smiling Keep Moving
-Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment