Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2019

10 Miles

Today Perki and I ran on the Perkiomen Trail from the access at the Collegeville Diner. I decided to split the 10 miles into 4 pieces. We went due North from the 5.5 mile marker for 2.5 and back and then headed due South for 2.5 and back.

I used the 1 min 30 second run; 30 second walk intervals.

Miles 1-6 were very good. No aches or pains. Not even my hip flexor or my toe. I was a pretty happy runner.

At mile 7 I felt a stitch in my right side. That usually means I'm running too hard or I'm slouching. I wasn't running too hard. My breathing was perfect. So I focused on form and relieved the stitch.

By mile 8 though I started to feel achy in my shoulder, hip and knee. All on my right side. Not sore, just achy.The kind of joint ache us old people feel when it's gonna rain. By the last mile, the shoulder ache went away but my right leg from hip down to and including my foot was tingly in a very uncomfortable way. Again not sore, and not really numb but kind of like it was buzzing. It didn't feel any better during the walk breaks so I kept up the intervals and just counted down the miles.

At the end of the run, I stretched and the buzzing went away. I guess if it happens again, I'll stop and stretch??? (Insert eye roll with shaking head here).

During the last 3 miles, I did start to wonder if maybe I'm not going to make 13.1. Maybe I should reset my expectations to the 10 mile run instead of the Half Marathon at OCNJ. However, by the time I was done and heading home, I decided that I still have more than 3 months to prepare so it's too early to make that call.

Keep Smiling Keep Moving
-Paula

No comments:

Post a Comment