Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2019

4 miles - first attempt

Today I spent 4 miles on the Chester Valley Trail. I met up with Sara at the East Whiteland Township Trail Head. This access point is just off the 9 mile marker. We walked to the marker and each started out after our own goals for the day. I started my timer. 1 minute walk then run the rest of the mile. 2 miles out to 11 and back.

It had been raining all night but the precipitation had dwindled to misty wetness by 8 a.m. It was so light that I didn't even feel it until my return trip which was into a slight breeze. I did get my foot wet on one road crossing. I was focused on getting across quickly and misjudged the depth of one of the puddles. All in all though not a bad run as far as weather goes.

My intervals worked well. The mileage markers are .25 apart on this trail. I was in a upbeat mood so they served to encourage rather than discourage. Mostly. I faked myself out on the third mile. I was looking for the 10.25 marker and it felt like it was taking forever to get there. Turns out I missed it. Next thing I knew I was at 10. :)

My body was not entirely in tune with the run today. Left side was all fine. Right side not so much. My foot, hip flexor and side hurt at different times. The side stitch was easy to cure. I as going to fast. Once I took my pace down a notch I was fine. The hip pain was relieved mostly by correcting my posture. I need to be more consistent with stretching and rolling - especially that spot.

My foot bothered my most of the way. I'm pretty sure it's my shoes. I need new ones. I'd been waiting until I registered for the race before spending that money. However, I'm ahead of schedule on miles and the only thing keeping me from registering is that it isn't open yet. So I will try to find time to go out and get new shoes sooner rather than later.

Keep Smiling Keep Moving
-Paula
#OCNJHalf2019


No comments:

Post a Comment