Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I Ran Today (No Fooling)

I am not a fan of April Fool's Day, so you can believe me when I tell you that I ran today. First time since April 27, 2013 - almost two years ago!

I packed my bag last night planning to hike today. Around mid-day though I realized I didn't know where I was going to hike today. The decision was mostly between RCSP and Valley Forge but I wasn't feeling either of them for some reason. I started to think about going home and taking a long walk around the neighborhood and the next thing I know I was planning to run 3 miles.

I did 1:1 run:walk intervals. Here are the Garmin Stats. From interval 6 to 7 I switched up the run walk because I had to wait so long to cross I didn't feel like walking again so soon. (Old habits die hard).

My route took me from home to and around the cemetery and back. But I did not die and, in fact, I did not feel even one irregular heart beat!

I'd like to close this post with a shout out to  Jennifer, who posted today about her first 5k three years ago. I think subliminally your post is what inspired me to run today.

No comments:

Post a Comment