I hope to encourage more fitness buddies to join me. Last week Sara was there. She's running a half marathon in Bucks County today and training for the Goofy Challenge so I don't expect to see her hiking as much between now and then. Today I was by myself. I left from area #16 and completed 5.25 miles on the White and Blue trails. I even ran a little of the trails today. It felt good. I saw a few runners; a couple of dogs (all leashed); a turtle and a lot of sunshine peeking through the trees.
Today's peacefulness completely wiped away the ugliness of yesterday's long hike. I'll spare you a detailed account because it will likely just sound awfully whiny. The bullet point review is this:
- Under-hydrated going into it (although did well during)
- Woke up to serious allergy face
- Being backed up to a tree by an unleashed german shepherd whose owner tried to tell me it was my fault for being afraid of the dog.
- Trying to back track on a trail that I swear behaved like the stairs at Hogwarts - changing direction at will.
- Finishing the last 1.5 miles in a downpour.
SSH 2015 is scheduled for September 12, 2015. Registration opens February 1st! I have a lot of work to do between now and then. Specifically more, steeper climbing. But I will be there. :)
Keep smiling and keep moving.